In partnership with 30 partners from the five departments of Hauts-de-France, East and West Flanders and Picardy Wallonia, the Pays des Lacs Tourist Office aims to create a cycling experience around the major EV3, EV4 and EV5 routes, as well as the points-nœuds network. In addition to a sustainable approach to travel, the goal is to offer peaceful getaways through our rural territory and to encourage meetings and immersive trips.
Summary of achievements :
- The development of 1,000 bike terminals and a 1,200-kilometre points-nœuds network to encourage visitors to explore our region by bike.
- The production of a topographical guide and a comprehensive guide book for discovering EuroVelo 3: the pilgrim’s bike route.
- The creation and promotion of a cross-border beer and cheese getaway, which allows visitors to sample local flavours.
- The creation of five cross-border bike excursions: between one and five days as a couple, a family or with friends – everything is possible with the Boucles des Lacs loop road.
- The creation and promotion of cross-border cycling routes: the Northern Lakes loop and the Southern Lakes loop.
- The creation of a website in order to showcase all the cycling offers.
- Le placement of eco-meters on the RAVeL network: EV3 at Thuin, Line 109/1, line 156 and on the RAVeL des Lacs, as well as a survey of cyclists to learn more about our cycling tourists.
- FEDER : €318,182.75
- Walloon region : €254,546.20
- Municipalities : €63,636.55