Developing tourism requires investments and a regional dynamic. To achieve this, the Pays des Lacs Tourist Office is involved in several projects proposed by Europe and the Region of Wallonia.
INTERREG V - Eurocyclo
Interreg V France-Wallonia-Flanders 2014–2020 is a cross-border European cooperation programme. Four themes are proposed :
- Improving and supporting cross-border collaborations in research and innovation;
- Increasing the cross-border competitiveness of SMEs;
- Protecting and enhancing the environment through the integrated management of cross-border resources;
- Promoting cohesion and a common identity between cross-border territories.
FEADER – PWDR – Pays de Chimay forest
The FEADER (‘Fonds Européen Agricole pour le Développement Rural’, or European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development) project allows projects in rural areas to come to fruition around six themes: agriculture, tourism, health and society, biodiversity, forests and energy.
The PWDR (Programme wallon de Développement, or Walloon Development Programme) 2014–2020 programme has three aims :
- To improve the competitiveness of the agricultural and forestry sectors;
- To strengthen complementarity between these sectors and the environment;
- To promote a dynamic rural world by improving quality of life and helping to create jobs.
FEADER – LEADER – Promoting the Botte du Hainaut as a leading tourist destination
The LEADER (Liaison between Actions to Develop the Rural Economy) projects and, more specifically, measure 19 of the Walloon Rural Development Plan 2014–2020, aims for a bottom-up and integrated territorial approach, networking and cooperation between stakeholders and the territory and innovation and public-private partnerships.