Berzée-Thy : d'un château à l'autreContact us for more info
This walk follows a portion of the RAVeL network and runs along the Thyria river and then the Eau d’Heure to connect the two villages. The fortified castle of Berzée – the oldest remains of which date back to the 13th or 14th century – was transformed into a stately residence by Charles de Namur at the beginning of the 17th century. After four generations, the Trazegnies family took up residence there and gave it its name. The first traces of the Château de Thy-le-Château date back to the 12th century. However, it has been destroyed numerous times throughout history. Notably, it was burned down by the Sans-Culottes in 1790 and remained in ruins for years. In 1896, it became a brewery until 1919. From 1928 to 1931, the castle was completely restored. In 1940, the explosion of a munitions convoy severely damaged the castle once more. It has since been rebuilt.
Length of route 5.5km
Walk duration 1h15
Difficulty : Medium
Services & facilities