The carnival of Charleroi has its own special style. It is family fun where children are welcome. The Carnival takes place on Shrove Tuesday.
Timetable of the procession :
- 3:15 pm: departure of the "Sporting"
- 3:30 pm: departure of the procession
- 4:15 pm : departure of "Gilles" companies
- 5:50 pm: trial of the Raven
- 6:00 pm: arrival of "Gilles" companies
- 7:15: placing "black ideas" in the Raven
- 7:30 pm: Burning of the raven
Course of the procession :
- Boulevard Audent, next to the Astrid park
- Rue du Pont Neuf
- Boulevard Tirou
- Rue de Dampremy
- Place de la Digue